Hello! I’m Karen, and I’m so glad you’re here.
Who am I & what do I do?
I’m one of the two Associate Directors of the Writing Center at Michigan State University. From June 2020 to January 2021, I’m the Interim Director of Projects and Education for The Writing Center, as our Director Trixie Smith is on sabbatical this summer and fall. Available for invited workshops, talks, keynotes, and cross-institutional trainings, I’m proud to be a resource for writing center and student/academic support administration communities.
How can we work together?
Take a look around the top navigation bar to learn more about me, what I’ve been up to, and how we can work together. Let’s collaborate!
What am I reading?
- Dolmage, Jay T. Academic Ableism: Disability and Higher Education. University of Michigan, 2017.
- Stavropoulos, Katherine Kuhl-Meltzoff et al. “Differential Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Two Clinical Cases.” Journal of clinical medicine vol. 7,4 71. 8 Apr. 2018, doi:10.3390/jcm7040071
- Fitzpatrick, Kathleen. “The Humanities, done digitally.” Debates in the Digital Humanities. Ed. Gold, Matthew K. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2013. Internet resource.
- Kezar, Adrianna J., and Jaime Lester. Enhancing campus capacity for leadership : an examination of grassroots leaders in higher education. Stanford, Calif: Stanford University Press, 2011. Print.
- Battershill, Claire, and Shawna Ross. “Overcoming Resistance.” Using Digital Humanities in the Classroom: A Practical Introduction for Teachers, Lecturers and Students, 2018. 11-24. Print.