Hey there ladies, gents, everyone in between and everyone beyond —
I’m a nonbinary (she/her/hers), queer, intersectional feminist English PhD who loves cats, patterned blazers and expensive shoes.
I also love program administration, teaching, writing centers, and working with students. Some jobs are more than jobs — they’re callings. I feel like that about the work I’m lucky enough to do.
If you’re here for just the facts:
Where do I work?:
- I’m the Interim Director of Projects and Education for The Writing Center at Michigan State University! (I’m usually an Associate Director of the Writing Center at Michigan State University.)
- I used to work at Penn State University (University Park Campus) as the Coordinator of the Undergraduate Writing Center, and I also taught courses in English, Curriculum and Instruction, and Women’s Studies.
Where’d I go to school?
- I hold a BA in English and Minors in History and WGSS from Penn State University.
- I hold both an MA and a PhD in Critical Theory from Binghamton University.
Field service work, etc.
- I’m the Managing Editor of The Peer Review Journal.
- I’m a Series Editor for WAC Clearinghouse.
- I’m an At Large member of the Board for IWCA.
- I’m part of the Digital Content Team for IWCA, and chaired the Scholarships and Grants Committee for the 2018 IWCA Conference in Atlanta.
- I just ended my time on the Executive Board of — and serving as Secretary of — the Mid-Atlantic Writing Center Association.