Hey there ladies, gents, everyone in between and everyone beyond —
I’m a nonbinary (she/her/hers), queer, disabled, feminist English PhD who loves cats, patterned blazers and funky shoes.
I also love program administration, project management, strategic planning, assessment, disability justice, teaching, writing centers, and working with students. Some jobs are more than jobs — they’re dharma. I feel like that about the work I’m lucky enough to do.
If you’re here for just the facts:
Where do I work?:
- I’m the Director of Strategic Planning, Assessment, and Accessibility for the College of Arts and Letters at MSU, where I also teach graduate courses in Rhetoric and Writing and undergraduate courses in Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures. Additionally, I’m a GenCen Fellow and teach courses for the GenCen program. Prior to this role, I was one of the Associate Directors of the Writing Center at MSU.
- I am a certified Project Manager.
- I used to work at Penn State University (University Park Campus) as the Coordinator of the Undergraduate Writing Center, and I also taught courses in English, Curriculum and Instruction, and Women’s Studies.
Where’d I go to school?
- I hold a BA in English and Minors in History and WGSS from Penn State University.
- I hold both an MA and a PhD in Critical Theory from Binghamton University.
Field service work, etc.
- From 2022-2023, I served as Secretary for the Association for Writing Across the Curriculum.
- I’m the outgoing Managing Editor of The Peer Review Journal.
- I’m was a Series Editor for WAC Clearinghouse from 2018-2021.
- I’m on the Accessibility and Social Justice task forces for IWCA.
- I’m helped form the Accessibility Committee for the Online Writing Center Association.